Being Happy Never Goes Out of Style

Being Happy Never Goes Out of Style

#GoalDigger




As you age you find who you truly are … or who / what / where you want to be.  I’ve felt a sudden change (a burst of maturity I guess) over the last two years but at 28 a lot of reality has set it. 


The older you get the more you realize how important it is to have a positive outlook on life and I strongly believe that the people you surround yourselves with reflect on our perspectives of life.  I was raised by two of the happiest and strongest people I may ever know and I owe it to them for always maintaining that positive atmosphere regardless of the struggles or the hard times… 


I do however think it’s ridiculously important to come across negativity in your life in order to know what you definitely DON’T want. (But hey if you like that – props to you for dealing with it!) I’m just not about that life anymore.

With my 28th birthday passing I’ve decided to make some promises to myself so that when 29 comes around I embrace my last twenty –something year with open arms. 

Here are 1o resolutions I'm making this year:

1.   Start creating more art.  I am a creative, very DIY person. I've made over 7 scrapbooks that I've dedicated to some friend or family member.  I think the last one I made was over 6 years ago! I need to go back to this! It's a great outlet.
2.  I love absolutely love reading. (Yes - I'm a nerd :) ) I want to start my own book club! Any suggestions? Comment down below! I may start with this. Join me?
3.  I saw this a couple weeks ago and was so inspired.  I hope to be hosting these dinners soon -  I may not be a great cook but I am obsessed with decor and presentation of meals - even when we just have brinner some nights. 
4.  For the past two years I've wanted to start my own business, be my own boss.  Things are finally in the works for that and will start tomorrow! I'll share more deets on this later!
5.  If you know me you'll know how much I love to shop.  A girl's gotta have materialistic goals too :) Goal #1 Goal #2
6.  Consistently write this blog :) Please share your thoughts, requests, feedback at all times!
7.  My biggest goal this year is to focus on me. Focus on my life - my health. I must find a hobby that makes me stay in shape.
8. “Pay close attention to people who don’t clap when you win.”
I don’t mean this in a negative way at all – I took this to heart and focused on what was right for me because no one else will ever think about you!
9. “Surround yourself with people who make you happy. People who make you laugh, who help you when you’re in need. People who genuinely care.  They are the ones worth keeping in your life. Everyone else is just passing through.”
I’ve heard this a hundred and one times in my life and I will follow this forever.  This is why I have chosen to surround myself with all of my loved ones who will only lift me higher. Those of you who also come from desi families or have a large circle of friends know how emotionally draining some relationships are. In our culture it’s rather hard to escape that without offending 78,000 people.  I hope to find my happy place without offending anyone.
10.  With all this said... It's time to build on those special relationships.  With my husband, family, and close friends included. The most valuable thing you can give someone is your time.


xo Happiness Never Goes Out Of Style xo



No comments:

Post a Comment